PFOS are a family of man-made chemicals that contain carbon, fluorine, and other elements. They have been used in firefighting foams called AFFF, or aqueous film forming foam, on our military bases. These chemicals entered the water supply, especially on our bases, and have caused a wide variety of injuries and devastating illnesses.
- Autoimmune diseases
- Thyroid disorder
- Inability to have children, infertility
- Birth defects, including reduced birth weight, decreased gestational length, and structural defects.
- Increased neonatal mortality, and pregnancy loss
- Child developmental delays, stunted growth and development,
- Cancer (particularly breast cancer, testicular cancer, ovarian cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer, and lymphomas)
The manufacturers of PFOS and related chemicals are responsible for the injuries that their products have caused. Veterans that were exposed to these dangers without their knowledge and who are suffering from the consequences of this reckless corporate behavior have legal rights. Veteran Legal Group is ready to assist you in your attempt to get compensation for medical costs and damages related to water contamination of our bases.