Contaminated Water Harming Military Families
While training or being stationed at a base, it may be alarming to find out years later that the water supply for that base was contaminated by chemicals that are known to cause serious illnesses. Veterans and family members are now finding the source of chronic disease and sometimes fatal consequences of water contamination. Veteran Legal Group is here to assist you get justice and compensation for the damage done.
PFOS are a specific type of man-made chemicals that contain carbon, fluorine, and other elements. They have been used in firefighting foams called AFFF, or aqueous film forming foam, on our military bases. These chemicals entered the water supply, especially on our bases, and have caused a wide variety of injuries and devastating illnesses.
- Autoimmune diseases
- Thyroid disorder
- Inability to have children, infertility
- Birth defects, including reduced birth weight, decreased gestational length, and structural defects.
- Increased neonatal mortality, and pregnancy loss
- Child developmental delays, stunted growth and development,
- Cancer (particularly breast cancer, testicular cancer, ovarian cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer, and lymphomas)
Veteran Legal Group’s Mission:
The manufacturers of PFOS and related chemicals are responsible for preventing them from entering our water, and must be held accountable for the injuries that their products have caused.
Veterans and their loved ones that were exposed to these dangers without their knowledge and those suffering from the consequences of this reckless corporate behavior have legal rights and deserve justice.
Veteran Legal Group is ready to assist you in your attempt to get compensation for medical costs and damages related to water contamination of our bases. Please call Veteran Legal Group today at 800-605-0082.